Users will soon be able to avoid the hassle of manually entering registration forms as the new Google+ Sign-In button does the hard work for them. The button uses their identity on the platform to connect with apps and websites which have added the new feature.
The new +Google+ Sign-In feature allows web and app developers to tap into the power of Google+'s core features such as Hangouts and more.
What This Means
In a Hangout on Air, we discussed what this means for Google+ and Internet as a whole. We also addressed some issues such as the fear of more SPAM on Google+ as well as what else could be coming from Google as far as an API:
- Better security when signing into other websites and apps because it comes with Google's security including 2-step verification.
- More easily download apps from the developer's website. See below:
- Better sharing: you choose who in your circles to share information with. Google+ Sign-In does not allow for the spammy "frictionless" sharing that Facebook does with many of it's apps.
- Interactive posts: Similar to how you can click "Install" on any apps from the +Google Play Store, you'll now be able to interact with posts from other apps. See below:
- Apps and websites are customized for you. See below:
- Google+ analytics for Android app developers.
+Flixster, +Banjo, +Beautylish, +Fitbit, +The Guardian, +OpenTable, +TuneIn, +USA TODAY, Fancy, and +Shazam
You can read the official announcement over on the official Google+ Developers blog here and the Android Developers blog here.